The mission of First Night Burlington is “to bring our community together for an accessible, healthy, and responsible New Year’s Eve celebration centered on the arts.”
First Night Burlington, Inc. is a private, non-profit, 501(c)(3) educational organization. More than 60% of the funding to present First Night each year stems from financial contributions from businesses, philanthropic organizations, and individual donors. Less than 40% of First Night revenues stem from button and ticket sales.
Contributions to First Night Burlington are tax-deductible. You can learn more about First Night sponsorship opportunities here. To learn more about how you can become a Friend of First Night by providing financial support for our work, click here.
First Night began as a substance-free, New Year’s Eve festival of the arts in Boston in 1976. In 1983, Burlington became the fifth city in the world to embrace the First Night concept. With the recent transformation of First Night Boston into a significantly different event, managed by a for-profit special events firm and featuring little or no performing arts presentations, First Night Burlington is now the longest-standing, private New Year’s Eve celebration of its kind anywhere in the United States. We are now in our 33rd year as Vermont’s largest, single-day arts festival, providing a healthy, accessible, and affordable New Year’s Eve celebration to thousands of people in our community.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted at any First Night Burlington venue.
- Tickets and buttons are non-refundable.
- Buttons must be presented for admittance to a venue. Receipt of purchase is not an acceptable substitute for a button.
- The show goes on no matter what the weather – this is Vermont, after all! So dress warmly and bring layers.
- Lost and Found: Check with the First Night office at (802) 863-6005 following the event.