GMT First Night Shuttles: Part of the fun of First Night is taking the First Night Shuttle and GMT makes it easy!
- First Night Shuttles are free for First Night revelers!
- Park free at the UVM Gutterson Parking Lot (next to the Patrick Gym).
- Look for the big yellow sandwich boards at the Patrick Gym and take the bus to First Night!
Here’s How it Works
All shuttles run on Dec. 31st, starting at 10:00am. and continuing until 12:30am on Jan. 1st. Park at the Gutterson Parking Lot at UVM, next to Patrick Gym; hop on a shuttle at Patrick Gym to head to Memorial Auditorium, Church Street, and Union Station or on your way back up the hill at Union Station, the Flynn Center, and/or Edmunds School.
PLEASE NOTE: No First Night Shuttles stop at Living/Learning shelters!
Regular GMT Bus Service
Buses will run the regular Sunday schedule on Dec. 31st. Click on the link below to visit the GMT website for details and a map of their normal Sunday bus service. One-way Bus Fares for GMT: $1.25 for adults; 60 cents for kids under 18, seniors 60 and over, Medicare card holders, and people with disabilities. GMT is your ride to First Night and all New Year’s Eve festivities. Call 864-2282 for route and schedule information, or visit Green Mountain Transit web site.
Downtown Burlington Parking
Parking is FREE on Sundays and all three city garages offer FREE parking on Sundays: Marketplace Garage (147 Cherry St.), Lakeview Garage (41 Cherry St.), and College Street Garage (60 College St.). To accommodate First Nighters, the overnight parking ban will be lifted on Dec. 31st. Please note that if it snows, cars must be moved off the street.
Accessible Parking in Downtown Burlington For People With Disabilities
Church Street Marketplace (BCA Cnter and Contois Auditorium)
- All city parking garages
- Most streets surrounding the Church Street Marketplace have at least one space that is designated as handicap accessible parking.
College Street Congregational Church
- 2 spots at South Union Street entrance to Church
- Handicap spots and entrance are located in the back parking lot via an entrance on Maple Street. Handicap accessible entrance is located at the side of the gym closest to the school’s main entrance.
First Congregational Church
- 4 spots available in the Church’s parking lot near the front entrances
First United Methodist Church
- 5 spaces and accessible entrance are located off North Winooski Street, through a driveway between UPS and City Market.
Flynn Center MainStage and FlynnSpace
- 1 spot is available directly in front of the main entrance
- 2 spots are across the street at the West corner of Church Street and Main Street
Unitarian Universalist Meeting House
- 5 spots at North end of Church
- 2 spots at white house adjacent to Church
- Handicap accessible parking and entrance to the pool are located at South Union Street end of the City Market parking lot. Please do not use City Market’s spaces, as they are for City Market’s customers only.