If you’re interested in playing an important role in the staging of First Night Burlington and becoming a member of the First Night Burlington Team, please sign up as a First Night Volunteer!
First Night Burlington is one of the largest one-day Festivals of the Arts in the entire country. Can you imagine the amazing amount of coordination that it takes to stage 91 different artistic performances in 19 different venues, all within Burlington’s inner city? This massive production could not succeed without the support of a veritable army of volunteers who manage and execute the staging of the performances throughout the 13 hours of First Night programming.
Here are some First Night Volunteer Program facts:
- It’s the on-site Volunteer who is the face of First Night to our thousands of attendees. Our ideal First Night Volunteers are friendly and efficient people who truly enjoy being part of a community celebration.
- It takes more than 200 Volunteers to help stage First Night Burlington.
- Just one shift earns you a First Night button – you are welcome to work more than one shift, if you like.
- Shifts vary from job to job, but most are three hours in length.
- Your button allows you to attend First Night activities before you start your volunteer shift or following your shift, with no limit to the number of non-ticketed performances you can enjoy.
- Volunteers at First Night always have a Site Manager to turn to if questions arise. A Site Manager is on hand to oversee each performance venue and to give you direction and support.
- Volunteering with a group is lots of fun. Invite your family and friends to volunteer with you.
- First Night volunteer hours are eligible for City Market member worker hours!
- To view job descriptions click here.
Are you a former First Night Burlington Volunteer? Would you like to become a First Night Volunteer? You are cordially invited to sign up as a First Night Volunteer. Here’s how:
Fill out the application below. After checking that you are not a robot and completing the “Captcha,” click on the “submit” button. When the screen returns to the top, scroll down the page. You will see a message shortly that says, “Thanks for applying as a First Night Burlington Volunteer! We will be in touch with you shortly.” Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page to make sure no errors have occurred. If any errors are indicated, please correct them and click the “submit” button again. You will receive an email confirmation sent to the address you provided in your application.
If you have any problem submitting your Volunteer application, please contact our volunteer coordinator at [email protected].
Our 2018 First Night Volunteer Coordinator is Corrine Yonce and she can be reached at [email protected].
We look forward to working with you as a volunteer at First Night Burlington 2018.